for chronic headaches, insomnia, mental tension and cases of hysteria, hallucination
and insanity (Dhara)
Herbal oils, medicated milk or butter milk and decoctions are poured on the forehead/whole body in a special manner.
Variations include Oordhwanga Dhara (good for diseases of the eyes, ears and skin), Takra Dhara (for those suffering from memory loss, severe headache or insanity) and Sarvanga Dhara (for both head and body).
Treatment to alleviate osteoarthritis, leukemia etc. (Snehapanam)
Medicated ghee is given internally n a gradually increased quantity for specific periods.
Treatment of dryness of nostrils, mouth and throat, severe headaches, facial paralysis and burning sensatin in the head (Sirovasti)
Lukewarm herbal oils are poured into a leather cap fitted on the head for specific durations as per physician's recommendation.
Treatment for spondilosis, rheumatic diseases like arthritis, paralysis, hemiplegia, nervous weaknesses and nervous disorfers (Pizhichil)
Lukewarm herbal oil applied with fresh linen all over the body by trained masseurs in a rhythmic manner for a period of 1 to 1.5 hrs daily for 7 to 21 days.
Treatment for musculo-skeletal ailments due to trauma or accidents (Marma Chikitsa)
Treatment that works on the extremely sensitive vital points of the body (the 107 marmas).
Treatment for nasal ailments (Nasyam)
Inhalation of mediated herbal preparations, decoction oils and ghee to eliminate the morbid factors from the head and neck area.
Treatment for ear ailments (Karnapooranam)
Medicated oils are applied to the ear for 5 to 10 minutes daily to clean as well as treat specific ailments.
Preventing cataract and strengthening vision (Tharpanam)
A treatment for the eyes, effective in preventing cataract and strengthening the optic nerve.
Treatment for wasting of muscles, rheumatism, sports injuries, pain in the joints, emaciation of the body or parts of the body and certain kinds of skin diseases (Njavarakizhi)
The whole body is made to perspire by the external application of medicated rice packs in the form of boluses tied bags.
1. The ayurvedic physician will decide on a separate programme for every individual after evaluation.
2. Short duration treatments for minor ailments like back pain, muscular pain, etc. with herbal steam bath, spinal bath and therapeutic massage will be provided only on the advice of the physician.
3. Women will have the services of female technicians for body massage and other health programmes.
4. Some of the programmes are not suitable for the very aged, the very young (under 7), the infirm, heart patients and pregnant women.
5. If you have previous medical history of heart trouble, blood pressure, blood sugar, chronic skin disease or asthma, please inform your physician in advance.
6. Advance reservation is recommended.